The reservations feature can be used to allow your patrons to RSVP for a scheduled virtual or live event to save their spot in the class. You are able to set a total capacity for the class that will limit the number of spots available. This gives managers more control and analytics on the FOD class schedule and gives your patrons the peace of mind that they will have a reserved place in your class.
Setting Up and Managing Reservations
Reservations can be created on any single or recurring scheduled event and can be used for both virtual and live classes. The Reservation setting can be set up when the event is first created, or at any point after by editing the event. Reservations are configured on the Class Details page for an event.
- Navigate to the Class Details page for an event (follow one of the three flows below for new or current events)
- New Events
- From the Classes tab, click any class that you would like to schedule
- OR, from the Schedules tab, select a time/class to schedule and press More Options
- Current Events
- From the Schedules tab, click any current event and press Edit. Note: If you choose an event that is part of a series you can choose to edit the entire series and set up Reservations settings for the entire series.
- New Events
- On the bottom of the Class Details page, turn on the Reservations toggle.
- Select the Pencil Icon to edit the capacity. The capacity is the maximum number of spots that can be reserved for the event.
- Make any other applicable edits to the event and press Save on the bottom-right.
Once you have enabled Reservations for an event, you can manage those RSVPs by editing the event. On the Class Details page, click on the reservations count to view a list of all users who have RSVP'd for the class. The Trash Can icon can be used to delete an individual user's RSVP, and the Copy icon is used to copy the user's email address. The Reservation feature can also be turned off altogether for the event by using the toggle. Please see the email notification section below for the corresponding emails that will be sent for deleted RSVPs.
Making a Reservation
Your patrons can reserve a spot in your event in one of two ways; the public calendar or through the mobile app. All Reservations are made for a single event, event if the event was originally created as part of a recurring event.
The easiest way for your users to stay updated on your facility's schedule and to RSVP for classes is through the FitnessOnDemand mobile app. The app is available from Google Play or the Apple App store here.
From the Schedule tab within the app, users can search for and find your facility's schedule. They can select any event to see the full class details and press the RSVP button to reserve their spot. They can cancel their reservation with the same steps.
The public calendar is a public URL that you can share with your patrons through social media, email blasts, or by linking to it from your website. The public calendar is viewed in any web browser on desktop or mobile devices. You can learn more about the public calendar here.
Your patrons can select any class on your calendar to view all of the class details. If Reservations have been enabled for the class, they can simply enter their email address and press the RSVP button to reserve a spot.
Alternatively, if the user has created a FitnessOnDemand account through the mobile app, they can click Sign In on the top-right to log into their account. They can then RSVP without needing to re-enter their email address. A signed-in user can also cancel RSVPs by clicking a class in which they had previously reserved a spot. Note: if a user is not signed in and RSVPs, the RSVP will still be synced to their FitnessOnDemand account if they use the same email address that is used on their account.
The Reservations feature has built-in email notifications that will be sent to your patrons to confirm their reservations and to notify them of any changes. The following occurrences will result in an email notification.
- New RSVP - Sent when an end-user makes a reservation as a confirmation email
- Deleted RSVP - Sent when either an end-user cancels their RSVP OR if a manager deletes their RSVP.
- Edited Event- Sent to all users who are RSVP'd to an event when the event details are changed. This includes edits to the event date/time or the class selected for the event.
- Deleted Event - Sent to all users who are RSVP'd to an event if the entire event is deleted.