As an alternative FLEX user creation method, you can turn on the self-service invitations feature. When enabled, your patrons are able to visit a FOD-hosted webpage to provision themselves for FLEX access to your zone. Please note that enabling this feature will allow anybody with your unique URL and optional passcode to add themselves to your FLEX account. To enable self-service invitations:
- Navigate to Users >> FLEX
- Click the Gear on the top-right to open the FLEX Access Settings dialog.
- Toggle to enable Self-service Invitations
- Set any optional settings:
- Expiration Date: The date that the self-service website will stop receiving new FLEX users. New users will be accepted through the expiration date. The self-service page will be disabled at midnight UTC at the end of the expiration date.
- Passcode: A passcode that the user will need to enter on the self-service page in order to add themselves to your list. Note: If you do not set a passcode, anybody who lands on your self-provisioning page can add themselves to your FLEX list.
- Max. Uses: The maximum number of users that can add themselves through the self-provisioning link. This number must be lower than the total number of available seats.
- Require Custom ID: This can be used to require the user to enter any type of custom ID, such as a member ID, room number, etc. The Custom ID Label will change the name of the field that the user will see when filling out the form.
- Access Expiration: When enabled this feature will limit the amount of time that a new user can access FLEX. The user will be set to expire after the configured number of days and they will lose access automatically at that time. See Expiration Dates below for more info.
- Copy your unique Link
- Select Confirm to save the settings
You can now share the link with your patrons via email, social media, etc. If you would like to use a QR code you can enter the self-service link into an online QR generator such as QRCode Monkey. When they land on the page they will enter their email address and any optional requirement that have been configured. They will then receive an email with a link to confirm their email address and complete their account setup. They will have access to FLEX immediately and will be added to your FLEX user list to manage as needed.
To disable the self-service invitations, simply click on the Gear again and toggle the feature off. The self-service page will be immediately disabled and will show a message to contact the facility manager for more information.