When the kiosk is not playing a scheduled event it may be used by anyone to play an on-demand video. Once a video has started a strip of playback controls will appear at the top of the kiosk.
Control (from left to right)
- Loop - The loop function is used to set a video to loop indefinitely, causing the video to restart automatically once it is complete. When active, the loop icon will have a white background on the kiosk and the icon will appear on the top-right of the video playing on your large format display.
- Rewind - Jumps the video back 30 seconds
- Pause - Pauses the video onscreen indefinitely. A pause icon and the video progress will show onscreen.
- Stop - Stops the video. The main screen will go back to the current idle screen and the kiosk will give the option to rate the class.
- Fast Forward - Jumps the video forward 30 seconds
- Volume - The volume icon will expand volume controls when selected. Volume up and down controls will show the current volume on the large format display. When muted, the mute icon will show with a white background instead of the normal volume control on the iPad, and a mute icon will show on the top-right of the large format display.
Note: If the playback controls are missing during on-demand classes, it may indicate that you need an iOS update or the notifications are disabled on your iPad. Please follow the instructions here.
A scheduled event will play automatically at the scheduled start time. A scheduled virtual event will play the video on the main display, while a Live Class will simply show the class on the iPad kiosk. Regardless of the type of class, a scheduled event will prevent any users from stopping the class or starting an on-demand class during that scheduled event. However, an administrator can stop a class from the admin menu on the kiosk.
- Tap Admin on the top-right
- Enter the passcode (This is a 4-digit passcode. Please reach out to support if you do not know the admin passcode.)
- Tap Stop video playback
- Press OK on the popup
This will stop both a virtual scheduled class and a Live Class. Once the class is stopped, exit the admin section by tapping the X on the top-right and an on-demand class can now be played.
Article is closed for comments.