This article will walk you through setting static IP addresses for the GROUP5 iPad and Media Hub. The devices are set by default to use DHCP and will work with the majority of networks while using DHCP. Setting a static IP can be helpful in some environments in order to set firewall rules or if you encounter problems with connectivity while using DHCP.
- Exit the FOD app
- Tap Admin on the top-right
- Enter the passcode 2411
- Once in the admin section of the app, press the home button on the iPad to go to the iPad's home screen
- Tap the Settings app
- Choose the Wi-Fi option
- Tap the blue i next to your network
- Take note of the Subnet Mask and the Router values on this page. You will need them when manually setting the values. You can also use the IP address shown here if you don't already have an IP address in mind.
- Select Configure IP
- Tap Manual at the top of the screen
- Enter the IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Router values
- Tap Save at the top of the screen
- Optional: Manually set the DNS by tapping Configure DNS and setting it to manual. If you do not have a DNS in mind you can use Google's free DNS servers below
- Press the Home button on the iPad and launch the FOD app
The media hub is controlled by using the provided remote. Navigate by using the arrow keys and select by pressing the OK button. Alternatively, you can plug in a wireless USB keyboard and/or mouse for easier entry.
- Press the home button on the remote to exit the FOD app (if using a mouse, click and drag from the bottom of the screen to open up a navigation bar and select the O in the middle).
- Select the gear icon (settings) at the bottom of the screen
- Under Wireless & networks, select More
- Choose Ethernet
- Take note of the netmask, gateway, and dns values listed here. You will need them when manually setting the values in the next step. You can also use the IP address shown here if you don't already have an IP address in mind.
- Go to Ethernet IP mode at the bottom and select static
- Use the onscreen keyboard to enter the IP address, Gateway, netmask, DNS1, and DNS2. Press Next on the keyboard to advance to the next field.
- After entering DNS2, press the back button on the remote to hide the onscreen keyboard
- Select Connect
- Press the home button on the remote and launch the FOD app
Article is closed for comments.