We have received reports of the FOD app crashing on GROUP5 iPad kiosks after the recent 3.0.0 update. The FOD app will be in a crash loop, where the app attempts to launch repeatedly resulting in a flashing white screen.
After investigation, the issue appears to only impact devices still running iOS 12 and can be resolved by updating the iOS on the kiosk.
- Completely close the FOD app by double-tapping the home button and swiping the FOD app away.
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to General >> Software Update.
- You should see an available update to iOS 14 or 15. Select the option to Download and Install.
- Agree to any permission pop-ups.
- After the download completes, confirm the option to apply the update.
The download and installation of the update may take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on your internet speed. If the FOD app still crashes after the update please reach out to our support team here.