The FitnessOnDemand software suite has been updated with the following enhancements and fixes.
GROUP5 Media Hub
The FOD app on the GROUP5 media hub will be updated to version 2.3. The update is occurring during local overnight hours based on your location. The 2.3 update includes the following changes.
- Brightcove player - the video player is updating from our previous video partner, Ooyala, to the new Brightcove player.
- Advanced Network Handling - The app will better handle short network outages during video playback. During a momentary internet outage the FOD app will do the following:
- While buffering, a small error message will appear indicating that there is an issue with the network.
- If the internet reconnects within 30 seconds, the video will resume where it left off.
Occasionally, some media hubs will fail to relaunch the FOD app after an update. You may see the Android home screen, which has a blue background image of a woman punching. If you see this on your large format display, please reboot your media hub.
GROUP5 iPad Kiosk
The FOD app on the GROUP5 iPad kiosk will be updated to version 2.3. After the rollout of the media hub update, the 2.3 kiosk update will be pushed to all devices. Kiosk updates will not disrupt any scheduled or on-demand classes playing on media hubs. The 2.3 update includes the following changes.
- Brightcove player - the video player for preview videos is updating from our previous video partner, Ooyala, to the new Brightcove player.
- Video previews have a new aspect ratio and will now fill more of the iPad screen for a larger preview.