A major update is being rolled out to GROUP5 systems starting on July 21st, 2019. The goal is to provide greater stability, better performance, improved security and more frequent feature updates to your FOD system moving forward. You likely won't see any immediate changes to the platform, but you may want to verify that your devices have updated. The steps below will walk you through checking both your iPad kiosk and media hub, and provide steps if you encounter any troubles with the update.
Verifying the Update
The iPad FOD app version can be found within the FOD app's admin page.
- Tap Admin on the top-right
- Enter the Passcode 2411
In the About section, you will see the Version listed. If you see version 2.0 (or higher) then your iPad app has successfully updated.
The Media Hub FOD app version is found in the diagnostic overlay within the FOD app.
- Using your FOD remote, point it directly at the media hub. The remote is an IR remote and requires line-of-sight with the media hub.
- Press the Menu button on the remote to bring up the diagnostic overlay.
You should see info show up over your normal FOD idle screen. On the top-left under About you will see the Version. If you see version 2.0 (or higher) then your Media Hub app has successfully updated.
Both of my devices have updated to 2.0 but are not working, what now?
In some rare cases, the iPad and Media hub may lose their pairing after updating. The below steps should get you back up and running.
On the Media Hub:
The pairing will need to be cleared on the Media Hub. If you are already seeing a pairing code, skip down to the iPad steps.
- Using your FOD Remote, point towards the media hub and press the OK button.
- On the Un-Pair popup message, use the arrow keys on the remote to select Yes.
On the iPad:
You will need your FOD Management App credentials to log in and pair the iPad. The steps below will walk you through clearing the current pairing and setting the device up again. If you already see a login page, skip down to step 5.
- Select the Admin option in the upper right of the screen.
- Enter your FitnessOnDemand passcode 2411
- In the admin area tap Reset Device
- Tap Reset on the confirmation pop-up
- Log in with your FOD credentials.
Note: You will need to use the same password that you use to log into the FOD Management App. The default password (FOD247!) that was used on version 1.x.x of the FOD app will no longer work to log in on the iPad. If you do not remember your password you can reset it here.
- Select Set up this kiosk and a new video player
- If you manage multiple zones, select the appropriate zone for the kiosk (this step will be skipped if you only manage a single zone).
- Enter the pairing code showing on your TV/Projector screen.
You should now be able to select a video on your kiosk and it will play on your screen. If you continue to have trouble after completing these steps, please reach out to our technical support team here.
My device(s) haven't updated, what do I do?
If both of your devices are still running an older version of the FOD app (1.x.x) and are still working, don't worry! We are rolling out the 2.0 update in stages, so your devices will likely update soon. Check back again in a few days.
If only one of your devices have updated to 2.0 and the other is still on 1.x.x, please reach out to our technical support team here to assist in updating.